One session of swimming lessons are provided for free for member's children. An additional session may be purchased for $45.
Four levels of swim instruction are provided.
A water adjustment and exploration class designed especially for beginners in the water to develop beginning swimming skills
and promote independent water movement. Ages 3 & Up.
- basic stroke skills
- kicking skills
- blowing bubbles and breath control
- floating front and back while learning to roll from front to back, back to front
- retrieve objects under water
- pool safety and fun ways to learn to fall in love with the water
(Passed Level 1) For little swimmers who are already moving independently through the water 5 yards (10 feet) with floatation device on front and close on back. Continue to help young swimmers grown independence in the water.
- introduces rotary breathing on freestyle with alternate arm action
- elementary backstroke and straight arm backstroke with alternate arm action
- kicking independently with kickboard on front and back
- jumping into the water independently and swim back to the wall
- encourage swimming several feet on their own without a floatation device
(Passed level 2) For swimmers who are comfortable in the water and able to swim five feet with faces in the water and no floatation device.
- streamlines off walls with front and back gliding
- beginning stages of diving (kneeling)
- rotary breathing on freestyle with alternate arm action (20 yards)
- backstroke properly (thumb out/pinkie in) alternate arm action (15 yards)
- elementary backstroke independently (20 yards)
- treading water
- introduction to butterfly
Our highest level of lessons. For swimmers who have a very good understanding of freestyle and backstroke.
- streamlines off walls and diving
- freestyle for over 25 yards
- backstroke for over 25 yards
- learn how to count strokes from flags to wall on backstroke
- treading water for over 1:00
- butterfly arms, legs and body position
- breaststroke arms, legs and body position
- summersaults (beginning stages of flip turns)
The swim lessons are currently being planned for the summer. They will be displayed here when ready.